Sunday, June 14, 2009


Wednesday, June 10, 2009 -
It is partially cloudy this morning, with the sun shining through as much as being hidden. It is warmer by several degrees, so the cold front is gone. NWS is predicting 30 and 40% chances of thunderstorms for the entire week, and because we need the moisture, I would welcome it.
My chipmunks have been entertaining me with their antics all morning and I have named another one. He is “Itchy” because he either has a nerve disorder, mites, or lice, because he constantly stops to scratch himself. Another one I have named is “Humper”, as he has tried to mate with ever other chipmunk that will hold still. I attached the empty peanut butter jar to the top of the 2 x 4 that holds the end of the firewood rack, and filled it with sunflower seeds. I have watched several of the little guys try to figure out how to get to them, but so far haven’t witnessed any of them achieving success. I know one of them will figure out how to get to them and will keep me entertained.
I spend most of the morning doing additional research and trying to communicate with the battery place to purchase the batteries, but Hughes slowed me down again, saying I exceeded my usage. When I am in town tomorrow, I will call them and talk to someone. If they can guaranty that Hughes won’t slow me down, I’ll pay another $20.00 a month to upgrade.
I drove to the Divide and called my dentist to confirm my appointment for tomorrow at 2:30, came back, changed the oil in the small generator and wired it to the cabin. It uses less gas and I am almost out of gas for the big generator. Zack and I played for a bit and then I fixed him his dinner, and then showered and will think about my dinner. I’ll fix something and then relax for the rest of the night.
I just witnessed one of my little friends get into the sunflower seed jar. He stretched his little body between the closest pieces of wood and pulled himself to the rim of the plastic jar. He is now sitting INSIDE the jar, filling his cheeks with as many seeds as he can. Those that he is eating, drops the shells back into the jar and I am not sure how I’ll dump them out to refill it. Watching them are better than a Saturday Matinee with cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment