Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 -
As soon as the temperature dropped to 36 degrees last night (7 PM), it started to snow heavily again. The scene could have been from this past falls first snowstorms, and I imagine I’ll awake to find everything white once again.
It is still overcast this morning, but warmer than the past few days. I believe the cold front is passing and it will be more like June than January. It got down to 25 degrees last night after a high of 57, while it is already 47 degrees at 11:00 this morning. I am seeing some breaks in the clouds, but it did just sleet a little about an hour ago.
Having replaced the water heater and waiting for the new batteries, I am taking it easy today and have no real plans to do much. I didn’t do the wash last night, so that will take up some of today.
I managed to do exactly what I said I’d do, some wash and nothing else. I spent the day researching this and that, mainly if another satellite internet provider could offer me consistent speeds without this bullshit slow down for Fair Access Policy. It seems all of them have the same thing, to one degree or another. I found out that if I pay for the step or two up in service, I could avoid the damn thing. It is like being held for ransom to pay them to NOT slow down my service, but it is happening so frequently, other than bringing a class action lawsuit against them, I don’t have much choice. I’ll do some additional investigation before deciding what I’ll do, but I am definitely sending a letter to the CEO of Hughes Net and a few others.
After playing with Zack and feeding him and Zoey (she is back to eating mainly dry and only asking for canned every four or five days), I showered, had dinner and then relaxed for the remainder of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment