Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday, June 13, 2009


Saturday, June 13, 2009 -
Sunny and clear this morning, but by noon, the cloud cover started moving in and looks like the NWS prediction of a thunderstorm is possible.
After my morning routine, I will go out and see if there is any way I can straighten the upright bracket for the top track roller on the dozer. I think I may be able to use the jack and a short length of chain to pull it out enough so the track will ride correctly on the roller. If not, I’ll have to order the entire roller and brackets to correct it.
I managed to correct the roller problem, but it will never be the same, as it doesn’t roll any more, but then I don’t think the other ones roll either. It doesn’t seem to affect the wear on the track, so I’ll just keep checking it carefully for any signs of a problem. I tried to use the jack and a chain to pull the roller back in alignment, but I just didn’t have enough clearance to make it work, so I had to remove the track and then the damaged roller to repair the bent upright brackets. Once that was accomplished, which took most of the afternoon, I was able to reassemble everything and reattach the track and adjust it.
I think the repair will hold, but I think I’ll order a complete bracket and roller assembly in case it doesn’t fare well. If only the roller is affected and not the track, then it can’t do any more damage than it has already. I tired as quickly as yesterday and wonder if my blood sugar is the problem. I’ll ask my doctor about it when I go in on Thursday for a blood draw. I have no stamina at all and it isn’t even hot outside. I rested, playing with Zack more often than usual, and drank lots of fluids, both water and a soda, but still feel wiped out.
I finished and put my tools away, cleaned up, and started the generator by 6 PM. I need to switch from the portable generator to the big one so I can draw water for a shower. The small generator won’t delivery enough amps to get the water pump running, so I have to rewire the other generator to have the necessary power. Once I have built up enough pressure, there will be enough water to last me until tomorrow afternoon.
I discovered that I can run the small generator on the economy mode and one gallon of gas will last me three days, and I only need to run the big generator to run the water pump. When the batteries are installed, they will provide the power to run the water pump and I should be able to charge the batteries with the small generator on the economy mode, which will allow me to take the large generator to Great Falls for the repairs it needs, and use the small one as necessary.
I played with Zack until his tongue almost fell out, but even so, he is staring at me for more playtime. I fed him and Zoey asked for some wet, so I gave it to her. I will switch generators and shower, fix something to eat and relax for the rest of the night. Tomorrow, I hope to do some roadwork, making my passage to and from town a little more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment