Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday, May 30, 2009 - Lincoln RV Park to Peggy’s
I have decided that I will move the motor home to Peggy’s for the summer and that way it will be closer to transfer all of my things back to the cabin. I drove up to her place on my way in yesterday and the snow had melted in the spot I park my RV.
After my morning coffee, I prepared the motor home for travel and disconnected the water, sewer, and power. I walked to the office, settled my account with Kim, and said my goodbyes, for now. I was on the road and headed to Marysville by 10:50 AM. The road was clear and void of traffic, which isn’t anything new, so we made good time to the Marysville Road turn off. With the road crew not working on the weekends, I didn’t have to wait for the follow me truck and simply continued on to Marysville. I was surprised at how much of the road is completed and it made the trip a lot smoother for the motor home.
We had to slow down at the turn off to Peggy’s as the road hasn’t, and won’t, be worked on. The grade increases, so the trip to Peggy’s was slow, even though I had the gas peddle pushed to the floor. We finally made it, I disconnected the Jeep, and pulled the RV into the same spot I had it parked the previous summer. I tried to level it the best I could, but the rear is still down hill, making the level bubble almost a half a bubble off center. The reason I mention this is that the propane refrigerator doesn’t work well when it isn’t level, but after I remove all of the items I will defrost and leave it off, so I am not too concerned.
I loaded the Jeep up with stuff I’ll need right away at the cabin and we drove home. I played with Zack and now that we are home, he won’t let me miss any of his play periods. I can tell that both he and Zoey are really happy to be home, but Zack had no hesitation to jump into the motor home and lay down, prepared to travel. I think he enjoyed the trip and likes traveling. Meanwhile, Zoey is seeking more assurance and affection from me than ever before. I have been giving a lot of thought to getting another kitten from the Humane Society so she will have a companion and playmate.
I put things away and was surprised to see how empty my refrigerator looks, even after putting many items from the RV refrigerator in it. It is almost three times the size of the RV refrigerator, but that refrigerator was jammed packed with things. I haven’t brought all of it to the cabin yet, but still, it looks empty. It was getting late and I didn’t feel like working on the water heater, so heated some water on the stove and showered using the solar shower bag in the shower.
I fed Zack and Zoey, and then fixed myself some dinner. I have to run the generator for power, as the batteries aren’t holding a charge. After reading all my manuals, I have deduced that they are so low that a complete manual (with a separate charger) charge is necessary. I settled in for my first night back, with the evening being so warm that I left all the doors and windows open. Zack and Zoey have been in and out several times, enjoying the freedom and spring evening.
After trying to get online, I am having a problem getting the modem to connect with the satellite, and it may have something to do with the adjustments made for it to work with the D2 in the motor home, but I don’t want to take the time to deal with it right now. After some television and giving Zoey some lap time, I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment