Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thursday, June 11, 2009 -
It is a bright sunny morning, but there are numerous clouds on the horizon and NWS is still predicting 40% chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon.
I had my usual morning and then got ready to head into town to have additional work done on my teeth. I loaded all the gas cans; two propane tanks and a bag of trash, planning on going to the transfer station to dump the old water heater.
I wasn’t sure if they still had traffic control in effect for the Marysville Road, so I left the cabin with enough time to allow me to get to the check point at the usual 15 past the hour departure time. As we got to Belmont, which is the road going to the ski resort, the sign was out to wait for the follow me vehicle and they were working on the road, spreading gravel and rolling it for a large parking area for recreational users. At about five after the hour, they waved me through and I drove into Marysville and got in line behind the three cars waiting for the follow me truck.
Aside from painting the lines and finishing the guardrail installation, they appear to be finished, having paved all of the aprons and side road approaches. I really see no reason for continued road control, but it provides work for the people that do it. We made it to town and went right to the transfer station, dumping the trash bag and putting the old water heater in the metal reclamation area. We then drove to Montana Propane and had the two empty tanks filled. On the way back into town, I stopped and grabbed a burger for lunch and after eating, I called Fred’s cabin to say hi to all the guys. This is the week that they met for the annual get together.
Jack answered the phone and we talked for a while, bring each other up on current events. Fred and some others were out on one of Fred’s “walks,” which usually takes an hour or two. As it approached my appointment time, I said goodbye and drove to the dentist office.
They took me right in and John explained that he needed to clean up the tooth before taking a mold to cast my new crown. I thought he had done all of the work during the last visit and wasn’t prepared for another shot to numb the left side of my face. The work took about an hour and he filled my broken wisdom tooth to help it last longer. He didn’t charge me for the filling, saying I was such a good patient and was already paying a lot for the root canal and crown. I paid for today’s work and scheduled an appointment for putting the crown on.
We drove over to Safeway where I got a few items and filled the gas cans, and stopped at Home Depot to get some treated 2 x 4s for the cattle guard I will build, and then headed for home. We arrived at Marysville Road at about 20 after 6 PM, so waited with the other vehicles. I expected to wait until 6:45, but she brought cars down at 6:30 and then stopped to tell me, no one else, just me, that next week the times would change and leaving Marysville would be on the hour and returning would be on the half-hour. She then turned around and took us up the road.
The road already had the right side fog line and center lines painted, and I thought they may have done them all of the way to Marysville, but we soon came upon the truck in the center of the road. It had broken down and was waiting for someone to come repair it.
We stopped at Mary and Guy’s to drop off some magazines I share with them, but they weren’t home, so he headed up the mountain, arriving home at a little after 7 PM. I unloaded the truck and played with Zack before starting the generator and sitting down to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment