Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 -
National Weather Service (NWS) is predicting more thunderstorms possible, but my barometer is saying the pressure is rising and showing a sun for the prediction. I have to say that my weather station is frequently predicting the future, not the present, while the NWS is predicting . . . wait, I don’t know what they are predicting. Often they are wrong, at least for my location, while the other half are at least partially correct. All in all, they do a pretty good job, but if you read the Farmer’s Almanac, you will probably come to the same conclusion as NWS.
I can see some thunderheads to the northeast of me and they seem to be moving my way, but who knows? It’s hard to plan your days outside activities when you don’t know if it will storm or not.
I spent my morning as usual, coffee, computer, brunch, more computer and then on with the day. As I did my work, the clouds moved in and it got cold. By one O’clock it was raining, but not thunder and lightning like yesterday. A glance at my outside temperature is indicating it is 69 degrees outside at 2 PM, but it doesn’t feel like it.
Due to the weather . . . AGAIN . . . I will be working inside and try to finish several projects that I haven’t taken the time to work on. One is cutting and pasting a writer’s newsletter that I get each month, into a Word document, separating the different topics so it will be easy to refer to when I want to. That should take a bit of time as I have 6 months of newsletters to deal with, and 6 different topics to separate.
At the rate the weather is producing rain, I may not get the road repaired until August. I can’t work until it is dry or I’ll just be pushing mud around, with most of it sticking to the bulldozer.
It took about 45 minutes to cut and paste all of the Writer’s Newsletters, and with that done, I need to turn my attention to organizing and cleaning the cabin. I’ll play with Zack and then get busy.
Well, it is now 8 PM and I have managed to avoid all work. I found one thing after another to do on the computer, it has consumed my eyesight, which is now blurry, and I am unable to focus on anything close up. I have played with Zack two more times and fed him, so now I’ll put the computer down, fix myself some dinner and then relax for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment