Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday, July 2, 2009 -
The sky looks uncertain this morning, but I don’t expect much, if any, rain from an afternoon thunderstorm. I’ll be in town this afternoon, so I’ll have to see what happens when I return.
I have been tracking another delivery and UPS says it was delivered to my mail drop, so I’ll make the trip to town and pick it up. It is a couple of extra, stainless steel magazines for my Mini-14 and some shot gun shells. I also need to fill up the gas cans and Jeep, pick up a couple of prescriptions and one or two items for this weekend.
While in town, I collected my phone messages and had one from my doctor letting me know that the labs came back on the spot she removed from my arm. It was cancerous but she had removed enough of it that the margins were clear, meaning she got all of it. It is at the itching stage and healing just fine.
We made it back from town, after completing all of the errands, and as we climbed to the Divide, Zack and I stopped to watch a mother deer licking her newly born fawn clean, having just given birth. They weren’t more than 15 feet off the road and evidently didn’t see us as a threat, because they stayed right there. And wouldn’t you know that I didn’t have my camera with me. We drove on and found that it had rained at the cabin. Everything was really wet and the depressions in the road had filled with water. I unloaded the car and then played with Zack before feeding him dinner. I showered and then fixed myself some dinner before relaxing in front of the television, going through my mail and the items that were delivered. Bedtime followed early tonight as I was still catching up after running out of sleep the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment