Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sunday, July 5, 2009



Sunday, July 5, 2009 -
It was clear and promising to be a nice day this morning, so we planned on doing some more target practice and just relaxing all day long.
Just before noon, I prepared deli sausage, hash browns, eggs, toast and OJ. We had a leisurely brunch and then laid around relaxing. By afternoon, we did some more target shooting and although the afternoon thundershowers appeared on schedule, we got out the rifles and gave Michele a chance to try her hand.
It turned out she was better than both of us with my pump .22 at 50 yards, hitting more consistently than either of us. We started shooting the metal swinging targets, which are about 70 yards out, and once again Michele proved to be the best at nailing the little targets that are not much bigger than silver dollars.
It rained a little bit most of the afternoon, but we were under the roof on the deck and it didn’t spoil our fun. We finally took a break and played 5 rounds of Yahtzee, with Michele winning 4 of them. It was a good weekend for her.
There were additional steaks from last night, so I barbequed them and cooked some artichokes that I had purchased Thursday. Artichokes are more of a California food, as many people here have no idea how to fix or eat them. I gave Joe and Michele a quick lesson and we had soon devoured them to the heart, dipping them in butter. It being a new food for them, I don’t think they were sure the effort was worth it, but I certainly enjoyed mine. Any time I have artichokes, I think of the Little Rascals episode where Stymie is given one and he carefully peels off each leaf and throws it away, not knowing what it is. When he gets to the heart, he throws it away and says, “It may have choked Artie, but it ain’t going to choke me.”
Soon after clearing the table, they needed to load their things into the car and head back to town. They have to been in Great Falls to open the store in the morning, so had to get back.
I watched some television and looked at the mess I need to clean up, knowing it will be there tomorrow. I need to clean the weapons, put them in their place, as well as vacuum and straighten things up. I went to bed around 11:15 for a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment