Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Monday, July 6, 2009



Monday, July 6, 2009 -
It is overcast this morning, but it looks rather thin and I am not sure if it will produce much in the way of rain. I was feeling lazy this morning, so took my time having my coffee and doing my usual computer stuff.
I had mentally planned to work on the road today, leaving the cleaning until the afternoon or even tomorrow, but it didn’t work out. By the time I had washed and dried two loads of clothes, the day turned to night and the sky opened up. I had never seen it turn so dark and by 2:00 O’clock I had to turn on lights to see what I was doing. Because of the weather, Zack didn’t even ask to go out and play, and just stayed in bed.
The temperature dropped quickly and before I knew it, it was hailing so hard I couldn’t hear myself think. It came down so hard and fast that I thought it might break my weather station. The hail was the size of marbles and it was sliding off the upper roof and crashing onto the sunroom’s metal roof. The lightning and thunder had Zack back upstairs in my bed, as it seems to be the only place he feels safe.
One strike of lightning was so close that before I could even think about counting to see how close it was, the thunder ripped through the cabin shaking everything including my teeth. I didn’t see where it hit, but it was too close for comfort.
The turn of the weather obviously changed my plans and I spent the entire afternoon working on the computer, viewing You Tube videos and researching different things. By 4:30, the sun broke through the clouds and heated up the sunroom. I had built a small fire as the drop in temperature made it uncomfortable, but now it was too hot.
Zack and I went out to play and then the sun disappeared again, making the sunroom cool down quickly. I folded and put the clothes away, made my bed and played one more time with Zack before feeding him. It is 8:30 and I will now shower and fix myself some dinner before watching some television and going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a storm! Mom told me that there was actually a tornado warning for the valley. I missed it all, not arriving back to Helena until 7:30.
    I'm glad that the lightning strike didn't cause a fire... Yeah, way too close for comfort! It's a good thing it has been a fairly wet summer.
    Thanks for the hospitality. You are a great host. We had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete