Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday, August 2, 2009
It was cool last night and I slept very well. I needed to make up for my poor nights sleep from the night before, so I didn’t get up until 10 AM.
Although there were a few clouds, it was relatively clear and sunny. The wind was blowing, but lightly inbetween the gusts, so as it became warmer, it felt good to open the doors and windows and let the breeze blow through.
I was able to get online and when I checked, I wasn’t slowed down under the FAP like yesterday, so that was some fluke probably caused by Hughes and had nothing to do with my equipment or usage. I still had a yellow blinking light on my Airport, but managed to remove all the previous settings and reset it as if it were new. This turned the light to green and allowed me access to my mail program and a relative fast download speed for a Sunday.
I managed to collect and correspond with several people regarding their earlier emails, and then began doing some research online. I have found that I can order all of the supplements that I use in Zack’s dinners online, cheaper than buying them in town, so ordered them. I also watched some videos and read some more reports about the Obama care health plan and the immunization plans overseas. I put together a separate email with links on all of that, which I’ll send later for those that are interested in it.
It is now 4:30 PM, and besides playing with Zack, fixing and eating a nice brunch, and a bit more cleaning, I haven’t done much else. I have been trying to get all of my data backed up on my external drive, after yesterday’s problems, but found I didn’t have enough room on the external drive. I had to update the software for it and then reformat the drive to give me the necessary room, plus I have the new Time Machine backup program on this newest system, so had to read all of the information about it before trying to use it. It is backing up my data as I write this, so I am hoping all my data will now be safely stored on the external drive if I need it.
Zack is begging to play again and it is close enough to his dinnertime that I’ll stop and deal with him, sending the update as it currently is. If any exciting things happen between now and bedtime, like a UFO landing in the yard, I’ll include it in tomorrows update.

2 comments:

  1. Just don't shoot at the UFO as they may have better fire power than you! If we don't hear from you for a few days, we will know you were taken for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have told all of you about my trip, but I was instructed not to say a word.

    ReplyDelete