Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3, 2009
Although it is still cloudy, the morning is warmer and I am hopeful that it is a forecast of things to come. The high temperature for the past few days has been in the mid to high 80s, in the direct sun. I’ve had a nice breeze that has helped make it feel cooler, for which I am thankful.
My usual morning routine ran into the afternoon as I continue my research on solar panels and trying to keep myself informed about what is going on in the world and in particular with our country. One web site always leads to another and before you know it, you have spent several hours and only accomplish questioning all that you thought you knew. It is a never-ending struggle to understand the full depth of how our government can spend so much money for what seems to be frivolous items. In the FEMA budget , there was an expenditure of for 15 MILLION dollars for “Stone Garden” in 2007 (00.15 StoneGarden...15). No explanation anywhere on exactly what that was. Maybe it was a code name for some black bag operation.
By 2 PM, I had finished and changed into my work clothes and headed out to accomplish something. I was going to work on the road, but needed to take some plywood over to the cattle guard so the dozer tracks didn’t destroy it. The Argo was still hooked up to the trail mower, so I hauled things over to the dozer, which is still parked on the other side of the creek, in the Jeep. I filled my 3-gallon spray tank to spray the thistle along the road and hauled it with me.
When I got to the dozer, I began spraying and once I was finished with the immediate roadside, I notice more a short ways away. Well, one led to another and another and after 6-gallons of spray, I still hadn’t gotten all of them. I had hiked a couple of hundred yards off the road and was worn out from lugging that spray tank back and forth. The sun was ducking behind the mountain, so I decided the rest of the weeds could wait until tomorrow.
After playing with Zack and resting enough to regain some strength, I showered and then relaxed before having some dinner and taking it easy the remainder of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment