Sunday, August 2, 2009

Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday, July 31, 2009
It rained much of the night and into the morning, leaving about a quarter of an inch of new rain. It stayed cloudy and cold all morning, with the outside temperature hanging in the low 50s. I built a fire and read until noon, and then had a bite to eat.
Zack and I played outside, by 1:30 the sun broke through, and it began to warm up. Although the clouds were ever present, it turned into a nice day. I decided to clean the cabin in preparation for a BBQ that I invited my friend, Marcy, and her family to. She works in the Safeway Pharmacy and is one of those outgoing, always happy people that remembers everyone’s name and greets them whenever they are around. She was my inside connection to get my refills while I was snow birding last winter. I would just call and ask for her, tell her what I needed and the address to send them and she took care of the rest.
I have been trying to get her and her husband to just take a Sunday drive and come up my way to see the beauty I live with everyday, but she is always so busy with family, relatives and work, that she never makes it. I figured the sure way to get them up here is to have a BBQ for them and then they can’t back out.
Last week I made up an invitation and menu and gave it to her. She is to discuss the best day to come with her family and then let me know. I have a feeling it may be this next Sunday, or the one after it, so thought I’d better get this place in order.
I started in the sunroom, but when I took something to the dining area, I started cleaning there, but as I got a coke from the fridge, I started there and ended up cleaning out and organizing my kitchen drawers and then the entire kitchen. I’ve never said I wasn’t easily distracted.
By the time I finished the kitchen, it was 6 PM, so Zack and I played and then I fed him and Zoey before sitting down to work on the computer again. I finished up writing and posting previous updates, researching Zack’s food supplements, and watching a couple of videos and before I knew it, it was 8:30, so showered and ate some dinner before watching a program on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment