Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
This morning is cool and overcast, with light rain. Between last night and this morning, I have received another ¼ of an inch. It is cold enough (50 degrees) to have a fire and Zack is happy to stay inside and lay by the fire, while I continue to work on the computer.
This is the wettest summer in several years, but closer to normal before the drought hit, so I guess we should be grateful instead of complaining.
I spent most of the day cleaning and organizing the sunroom, plus working on the computer. I am narrowing down which solar panels I should purchase through my online research. All of them are still more expensive than you would think, after this many years of research and manufacturing, but it is what it is. To think that the solar chips they are currently producing are only about 6% efficient, leaves me thinking that monies to produce and use solar power, to lessen our need for fossil fuels, is either misspent or doesn’t even make it to the producers. The prices have come down since last year, as the demand is up because of the energy rebate offered by the government.
The day continued as it began until about 4:30, when the clouds parted long enough to let some sunshine in. Zack and I played and enjoyed the warmth as a change from the colder morning. By 6 PM, the clouds closed in and it began sprinkling again.
Some dinner for Zack and Zoey made them sleepy and they napped while I showered and then fixed myself dinner, relaxing for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment