Sunday, June 28, 2009

Friday, June 26, 2009 -
It is another clear, sunny, warm morning, with a light breeze. It was too cool to open up yet, but not cool enough that I feel like I need a fire.
I am not sure if it was the stress of dealing with Hughes to ensure my internet connection, or something else, but after having gone to bed earlier than I normal do, I slept until 10:20 this morning. At least I am well rested, but still had to focus to make my coffee and feed my chipmunk and wild bird friends.
I went online to retrieve my emails, as I was expecting an email from my friend Joe, as I had invited him to come spend the weekend at the cabin while Michele is in Washington for a couple of days. This was the first time I had signed on since the upgrade and needed to re-register my modem before I could get online. It took way too much time to re-register and it knocked me off twice before I could finish. At the end of the process, it asked me for a PIN and I used what I use to sign into the Hughes Net, but it wouldn’t accept it, so I had to drive to the Divide and call support to find out that my PIN was just my ending phone number. Now how was I supposed to know that? I finally got all of it done and was able to collect my mail and read some things on the internet, when all of a sudden; my modem went to “NOT REGISTERED.”
I had to go through the entire process of re-registering again, with the exception of having to drive to the Divide and call Hughes. It worked and I was able to get back online and finish going through all 47 emails and respond to the ones that needed it. By the time I finished, it was late afternoon, and although I had planned on mowing the front 40, I decided to wait until tomorrow, or the next day, as I just don’t have the drive to go out and work.
Doing research, without being slowed down by Hughes, and playing with Zack, I managed to get almost all of the things I wanted to do, done. It is now 8 O’clock, I have played and fed Zack, and Zoey, finished and posted yesterday’s update, and now finished this update for sending. I will have a nice shower and then broil a Cornish game hen for dinner, before putting my computer to sleep and relaxing for the remainder of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment