Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday, August 15, 2009
It is cold, cold, cold this morning. It was 40 degrees when I got up at 9 AM, and the low was 33 degrees at 12:55 AM, and stayed that cold until sunrise. The cloud cover kept it in the mid forties and I received .04” of rain before noon. NWS is forecasting 40 to 20% chance of thunderstorms over the next several days, and because of how wet it has been this summer, I am predicting an early snow this fall.
Because of the weather, and the fact that I am getting too lazy, I managed to avoid work altogether and stayed indoors working on the computer and then watching a movie on television. I am all too aware that I will regret wasting fairly decent weather to do things that need doing. When winter hits, and I am sure it is going to HIT like never before, I’ll be whining about having to go outside to cut firewood in the subzero weather, but for right now, I am enjoying my time doing what I want instead of what I have to do.
After playing with Zack one last time, I fed him and Zoey and then baked a frozen pizza in the oven. I couldn’t afford having chili beans again tonight as I am already experiencing the end results, pun intended. They are good, but three nights in a row would probably kill Zack and Zoey, and I wouldn’t want that.
A shower and watching more pre-recorded movies on television took me until 12:20 AM, and bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment