Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday, August 7, 2009
It rained most of the night and I was surprised to see that it added a half-inch more rain to my rain gauge. It now stands at ¾ of an inch, with my official weather station rain gauge showing .77” over that past 24 hours. More appears to be on the way according to NWS, with flash flood warnings.
It has stayed cloudy with some off and on rain all morning, so I plan on staying inside and working on things in the dryness of my cabin. Thunder is rolling across the mountains and up the valleys as I write this, but it currently isn’t raining. I have managed to have some playtime with Zack but then came in and built a small fire to remove the chill in the cabin. The outside temperature is 50 degrees, while inside it has gone from 64 degrees this morning, to a more than comfortable 72 degrees.
I spent some of this afternoon reading The Art of War, by Sun Tzu which is supposed to be the definitive word on war, but also many other aspects of dealing with situations in everyday life. Much of it, at least the first five chapters, make perfect sense and most are common sense, but it brings it before your eyes to think about and see how it applies.
Other than playtime with Zack, and some with Zoey as the weather has her in a really squirrely mood, I fed them both and then washed, drained, cut up, bagged and froze the fresh grapes, cherries, and melons I purchased yesterday. Because I don’t get enough fresh fruit in my diet, being able to fill a bowl and let it thaw for my morning brunch is not only good for me, but also a delicious treat. I wish I had a large enough freezer to keep some for through out the winter, but alas I do not.
It is now 6:30 as I finish this and I will send it now and then shower and have a grilled skinless chicken breast, sliced tomato, and an ear of fresh corn for my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment