Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday, July 26, 2009


Sunday, July 26, 2009
It is a beautiful warm and sunny morning, with clear calm skies. Knowing that I can’t have anything solid after breakfast, I thought about having a huge brunch, but my stomach is still acting up and I can only conclude that one of my new medications is causing it. I read the possible side affects and none of them match what I am feeling, so after my endoscopy and colonoscopy, I will be starting with a “clean” system, so maybe I can figure out what is going on.
I spent some of the morning writing, while doing a load of wash, and more research on FEMA’s roll in our government. It becomes really complicated, as more and more responsibilities, or authority, is given to it through Presidential Executive Orders. All of them seem to protect us, upon first glance, and of course individually they are. The majority of the Executive Orders (EO) were signed during the cold war, when a nuclear attack was looming over our heads, so it made sense to give an agency power to continue running the country in absence of a normal government.
Now, with today’s world situations and the rapid demise of America as a republic governed by our constitution, FEMA has, with the authorization of the President, or his successor, the power to take over every aspect of our lives. It may be just the conspiracy nuts that are bring all of this up, but when you find out all of the facts, I can see why they might be concerned. If I finish my research and the paper on FEMA, I will attach it for you to review.
Well, noon came before I felt like eating, so I haven’t had anything to eat since last nights dinner. I can have clear fluids, and even broth and Jell-O, except red Jell-O, but for some reason, I didn’t think about it when I was in town, so don’t have anything but the liquids, so I have been drinking a lot of apple juice. It is odd that I have been known to go for more than 20 hours with eating anything, but because I CAN’T have it, I want it even more. Noon marked the time to swallow three laxatives and wait. Next, I get to mix and drink a half-gallon of Nu-Lytely, which sounds like some sports drink, but I’m betting it’s not.
And oh yeah, I get to drink it before going to bed! Anyone see a problem with that? But wait, that’s not the best part. I have to drink the other half-gallon 5 hours before my appointment, which means at 6:45 tomorrow morning! Anyone that knows me knows I don’t do mornings, so this is a huge one for me.
I have to be at Cowboy Harry’s at 10 O’clock for the ride to town, and Zack isn’t going to like it, but he has to stay home with Zoey for a change. I should be home by 2 or 3 O’clock at the latest, and I know he’ll be fine, but he is seldom more than a few yards from me at any given time since he was five weeks old.
Why are there so many food commercials on television today? I get to fast-forward through them, but then the program I am watching shows them . . . doing what you ask . . . cooking food. Food is all around me and I can’t have any.
By 3 PM the sky looked like my lower body was feeling, and then it too let loose with lightning all around me and the thunder shaking the entire cabin, sending Zack and Zoey into hiding. It hailed so much in a short time that it was shooting off the roof horizontally. I filmed 5 minutes of it and then the batteries started to fade. I’ll attach the video to the update and hope it is worth viewing.
I showered and played with Zack, as the storm had passed, and then fed him. It is now 6 PM and he and Zoey are taking their after dinner naps while I finish this and think about dinner. Oh wait, I can’t have any! I’ll send the updates and watch my television programs before drinking the poison and going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome storm! We didn't get much down here. Barely got the ground wet.
    Hmmm... poison before bed? Shouldn't there be a Juliette somewhere in this story?

    ReplyDelete