Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday, July 12, 2009
This morning started off like most mornings, my coffee, read and answer my emails, a couple of You Tube videos, enjoying some sunshine and antics of my chipmunks, when the day turned to night and peals of thunder raced across the mountains.
I love a good summer storm and this was a good one. The rain laden black clouds rolled in from the west and the sky opened up. The gusts of wind slammed doors, knocked things off the tables and hit the cabin in waves. It rolled over my cabin moving east, but there were more clouds following it. It lasted about 3 hours and then began to clear, leaving open blue sky behind it.
While the storm was passing, I boiled some eggs and cut cubes of cheese for a special breakfast treat for Zack. After he cleaned his bowl, I expected him to bug me to play, but the thunder was more than he wanted and he went straight upstairs and jumped into my bed.
I hope that the rain didn’t undo my hard work of spraying those weeds yesterday. I don’t think it rained enough and the spray was dry by now, so it had a chance to do its business. I am glad for the little amount of moisture to help keep things green a little bit longer.
In the late afternoon, I gave Zack a bath, trimming his way too long nails, and bushing his teeth. We played as his reward and it helped dry him. Because of his earlier treat, I just gave him some dry food for his dinner, and he turned his nose up at it. I cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes in preparation of fixing my dinner.
The remainder of the evening was taken up with resting and watching some television. After I thought this was finished, a new thunderstorm moved in and pounded the area with rain, wind, and hail, leaving almost a quarter of an inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment