Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sunday, June 28, 2009 -
The weather is a bit calmer this morning but before I could enjoy having the sliding doors open, the wind built to around 7 mph, gusting to 10, so I closed all but one door so Zack and Zoey could come and go without me having to get up and let them in and out. Zack likes to go out and lay on the front porch, soaking up the sunshine, and then comes in and goes to my bed for a short nap. He repeats this several times, so having the door open keeps me from jumping up all the time.
For those that may be new to reading my blog, I have one of the screens on my sliding door that allows you to pass through without having to open and close it. The flap has magnets that allow it to close and stay shut until someone passes through it. It makes it nice for the animals, but I do worry about them bringing in a mouse or gopher, or the chipmunks that seem to find their way through the crack and come visit me.
I have spent the early afternoon doing research, paying bills, and picking up the cabin in preparation for a good cleaning. My friends, Joe and Michele are going to come up for 4th of July weekend and spend it with me. They are bringing all the food for a nice steak BBQ, along with snacks and chip & dip for our usual board game time. We usually play Yahtzee and Monopoly, and some times other games that I keep for when I have company. So, I’ll be doing some cleaning to bring the cabin up to my standard for guests, as well as mowing the front forty and working on the road.
I spent the remainder of the afternoon researching cameras and cleaning the cabin. I managed to pick up the sunroom and kitchen, and then scrub the kitchen clean. It is now 9 O’clock and I have gone too long without food, so dinner is my focus at the moment. After dinner, I shall shower and then relax in front of the television until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment