Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday, June 21, 2009 - Father’s Day. Happy Father’s Day to all you Fathers
Some clouds and cool enough to have a small fire this morning. I expect an afternoon thunderstorm, as predicted by NWS, as I have had one each afternoon or early evening this past week.
I spent the entire day writing and doing a small amount of research, as I didn’t want to be slowed to a snails crawl on the Internet. I’ll finish my letter to the Hughes CEO, with copies to others, tomorrow and mail it when I go to town on Tuesday. I still have research to do, but it appears as I expected, Hughes has over sold the ability to provide service with their current satellites and now we all pay for it. Several of the sites lamenting this problem, simply say to change service, but that isn’t possible for me, unless I hear from Dish Network about providing me with the service. It would be my only other provider besides Hughes.
I really hate that the government is in everyone’s business and now even going to produce cars, but I think someone needs to regulate the service providers for the Internet. They do it for satellite television, so why not the Internet too. There should be standards set and upheld for what service they provide, the speeds and bandwidths, and their contracts. After I read through the Hughes Terms Of Service agreement for the fourth time, there isn’t one single word or section that protects my rights as a paying using, but page after page protecting their rights and telling you what they will do to you if you don’t follow their rules and regulations, which they change at their whim and don’t even bother to notify you.
Enough of that for now, and I wish I could tell you about all of my wonderful accomplishments today, but as I said, I just wrote and did a little research, that’s it, nothing more.
It is now a little past 7 PM, and a peal of thunder has just rolled through and made the cabin vibrate. The sky has turned ominous and I expect rain to come down soon. I am ready to build another fire, take a shower, eat dinner and then veg out in front of the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment